How to stay productive in the age of social distancing
Monday, March 23, 2020
Jessica Chan has wrote for FreeCodeCamp tips for beginners web developers and those working at home.
Whether you’re working remotely, searching for your next job, or learning to code, it’s an uncertain time. And it can be quite difficult to stay focused and productive.
Working remotely as a web developer for the past four years, she shares some tips on how to stay productive and connected while being at home all day.
- Have a dedicated work space.
- Keep work time separate from home time.
- Stay focused and avoid distractions- using a Pomodoro (tomato) technique, like a simple web app called Tomato-Timer.com.
- Structure your day with healthy habits – add some workouts with Fitness Blender and meditation with Insight Timer
- Take screen breaks.
- Give yourself time to acclimate.
- Learn coding or other new skills.
- Stay connected and find online communities.
- Follow news and social media with care.
Click below to read more on freecodecamp.org.