Innovating Through Crisis: Strategies for Small Businesses to Survive and Thrive
Thursday, May 7, 2020 from 3:00-4:30pm EDT
Join ICIC and Fortune to hear directly from five businesses about “Innovating Through Crisis: Strategies for Small Businesses to Survive and Thrive.” Lynda Applegate of Harvard Business School will moderate the discussion. Joining her are five prior winners of the Inner City 100 (IC100) award, published annually in Fortune, that celebrates the 100 fastest-growing companies in under-resourced communities.
The COVID-19 Global Health Crisis presents an existential challenge to many small businesses. This panel will begin with a discussion of these key challenges and approaches that prior IC100 winners are taking to address them. We will then discuss how these business owners are pursuing opportunities that enable them to — not just survive — but accelerate through the crisis and position their firms for long-term growth.
Moderator and Panelists:
- Lynda Applegate, Baker Foundation Professor, Harvard Business School
- Vanessa Faggiolly, CFO, Amerisal Foods LLC, Van Nuys, CA
- Stephanie Hickman, President & CEO, Trice Construction, Chicago, IL
- Janice Jucker, President & Co-Owner, Three Brothers Bakery, Houston, TX
- Bo Menkiti, Founder & CEO, The Menkiti Group, Washington, DC